SERDEM - ait Kullanıcı Resmi (Avatar)
Kullanıcı Bilgileri
Üyelik tarihi: Mar 2008
Mesajlar: 7.687
Konular: 6910
Puan Grafiği
Rep Puanı:11076
Rep Gücü:20
RD:SERDEM has a reputation beyond reputeSERDEM has a reputation beyond reputeSERDEM has a reputation beyond reputeSERDEM has a reputation beyond reputeSERDEM has a reputation beyond reputeSERDEM has a reputation beyond reputeSERDEM has a reputation beyond reputeSERDEM has a reputation beyond reputeSERDEM has a reputation beyond reputeSERDEM has a reputation beyond reputeSERDEM has a reputation beyond repute
Teşekkür

Ettiği Teşekkür: 47
464 Mesajına 935 Kere Teşekkür Edlidi
:
Standart Atatürk'ün Sözleri ( Türkçe - İngilizce)

Agriculture
Our people experienced many sufferings, defeats, disasters. But we still live on this land and there is one main reason for that: Because Turkish farmers, while fighting with their swords in one hand, kept on plowing their land which they never left with the other. If the majority of our nation wasn’t farmers, we wouldn’t exist in this world today. 1923 ( Atatürk’s S. D. II, p. 117 )
The real owner and master of Türkiye are the farmers who are the real producers. So, it is the farmers who deserve and have a right to more prosperity, welfare and wealth than anyone else.
Gentlemen! Our people consists of farmers. We must take economic measures to increase the efforts in the farming sector to the limit. Increasing the output of the farming sector to the limit for the farmer’s own benefit is the cornerstone of our economic policy. 1922 ( Atatürk’s S. D. II, p. 219 )
The country and the nation can not develop unless we promote the farmers to the rank of “ Masters” . ( Mahmut Esat Bozkurt, Memoirs From His Close Acquaintances p. 94 )
An arm that fights with a sword gets tired and as soon as it puts the sword back in its sheath, it is most probably doomed to get rusty and moldy. But an arm that uses a plow gets stronger each day and with more strength it gets more land. ( 1923 )
The foundation of the national economy is agriculture. For that reason we consider it most important to progress in agriculture. Planned training and applied studies that spread down to the small villages will help us reach this goal.
But to reach the goal in this vital matter, first we must designate an agriculture policy based on comprehensive research for which we must create an agriculture regime that every single farmer and citizen can easily comprehend and willingly apply. Main points of such a policy and regime could be as follows:
First of all, there shouldn’t be any farmer left without land in the country. The size of large land farmers and large farm owners are allowed to run must be limited on basis of the population density and the level of soil fertility in the area. ( 1937 )
If the majority of our nation wasn’t farmers, we wouldn’t exist in this world today. ( March 1928 )
Our people consists of farmers. We must take economic measures to increase the efforts in the farming sector to the limit. Increasing the output of the farming sector to the limit for farmer’s own benefit is the cornerstone of our economic policy.
Since this is the case, we must make every effort to use and produce machinery and scientific instruments that will increase the output and productivity of farmers, and to take economic measures to assure maximum benefit from it. ( 1922 )
Transportation and Development
Everywhere, farmers and citizens have reminded me of the work program with these two words:
Roads – schools. Since they said: “ Roads are the wings of farmers “, it is obvious that they consider roads more important than anything. Indeed, all economy is in the first, and everything is in the second word. 1934 (Atatürk'ün S.D. II, S. 193 - 194)
The vigor and dynamism of the economic life is in proportion with the quality and quantity of the transportation means, roads, trains, seaports. 1922 ( Atatürk’s S. D. I, p. 221 )
We must form a network of railways and well designed roads on which cars run in our country. Because cars and trains are the vehicles the west and the world use and it is simply impossible to compete with them riding donkeys on natural trails. 1923 ( Atatürk’s S. D. II, p. 111 )
Railways are sacred torches that brighten a country with the light of civilization and prosperity. 1937 ( Atatürk’s K. A. N., p. 20 )
The main elements of economic development, in other words roads, railways, seaports, land and sea transportation vessels, are the physical and political blood veins of the nation’s presence. 1930 ( Afet İnan, About Atatürk H. B., p. 266 )
Civilization
There are many people who define civilization in various ways. In my opinion, it is rather difficult and unnecessary to distinguish civilization from culture. In order to explain what I mean, let me describe culture:
It is the result of the efforts of a society in a) governmental affairs; b) intellectual affairs e. g. in science, sociology and fine arts; c) economic affairs e. g. in agriculture, crafts, trade, land – air – sea transportation.
When one says “ civilization of a nation “ , I think it cannot be anything else but the result of the efforts in three fields I mentioned when describing culture. Undoubtedly, the civilization level of all the societies cannot be the same. Such differences can be observed separately in the governmental, intellectual and economic affairs as well as in the collective result of all three. The important one is the difference in results. A superior culture doesn’t stay in the country where the nation that owns it live, but spreads to other continents and effects other nations. Maybe that is why some nations are call superior and effective culture “ Civilization “. 1930 ( Afet İnan, About Atatürk B. H., p. 267 )
Civilization can not come to terms with cruelty. Incompetence can not be something praiseworthy. Because nations do not inhabit their lands only as the true owners, but also as the representatives of humanity. They benefit from the sources of the land, so they are responsible to make them available for the benefit of whole humanity too. According to this principle, the nations that are incapable of doing so, do not have the right to independence nor do they have the right to exist. 1920 ( The Oration III, p. 1182)
Trying to resist against the wild flood of civilization is useless and this flood is so merciless on the unwary and disobedient ones. The nations that attempt to go on with an obsolete mentality and primitive fabricated myths are doomed to be wiped out, or at least to slavery and inferiority against the power and capacity of the civilization that bores the mountains, flies in the sky, sees, illuminates and researches everything from unseeable atoms to the stars. But the people of the Republic of Türkiye has smashed the chains of slavery to bits in a manner of heroism that history has never seen and decided to exist forever as a mature body. 1925 ( Mustafa Selim İmece, Atatürk’s S. D. K. And I. S., p. 47 )
I always believe that the ones who wish to live humanely in this world must find in them the determination and quality of being human ... They must be willing to sacrifice anything for this cause. Otherwise no civilized nation would want to be on the same line with them. 1926 (Falih Rıfkı Atay, Atatürk'ün B.A., S. 99-100)
As you know, the value of a society’s presence, and its right to freedom and independence are in proportion with the civilized works it has produced and will produce. Societies that lack the capability of producing “ civilized “ works are doomed to lose their freedom and independence. To walk on the road to civilization and to succeed is the necessity of life. The ones that are so ignorant and imprudent as to look backward instead of forward on this road are doomed to drown in the wild flood of civilization. 1924 ( Atatürk’s B. N., p. 85 )
On the road to civilization, success depends on renovation. This is the only way of maturation and progress in the social life and in the fields of economy and science. It is inevitable for the rules that direct the life to change and develop in time. In an age when the ambition of civilization and the wonders of science continuously change the world, it is impossible to keep on existing through age old obsolete mentalities and longing for the past. Since we talk about civilization, I must stress that the essence of civilization, and the source of power and progress are in the family life. Bad quality in family life will surely cause social, economic and political weakness. The male and female elements that constitute the family must have their natural rights and must be competent to carry out their duties to the family. 1924 ( Atatürk’s B. N., p. 85 )
The ability of walking fast and successfully on the road to civilization of a nation that has the power and competence to prove its merit and independence should be acknowledged. But the inbred customs and practices, emotions and beliefs of a society are important. So, societies has an almost commanding and dominating effect over the initiators ( of reforms ). But the nations whose capacity and competence have reached a high level of progress and development never run late in compensating the delays caused by the opportunities missed in the past, under the guidance of their enlightened sons who have been inspired and influenced by the progress in civilization. 1928 ( Atatürk’s S. D. II, p. 249 )
Today’s Turkish nation, descendants of the Turkish race that claims to have formed the greatest civilizations of the past have found the clearest and the most reliable path to follow. 1930 ( Things I’ve Seen, Things I’ve Heard, My Feelings, p. 141 )
The nation will definitely be modern, civilized and brand new. For us this is a matter of life and death. Whether our sacrifices bear fruit depends on this. Turkey either will be governed with new ideas and honorably or shall not be at all. I am in close contact with the people. You do not know how much those simple people are in favor of renewal. (1923 Atatürk'ün S.D. III., S.60)
We want to modernize our country. All our efforts are devoted to form a modern, in other words, an occidental government. Is there any country that wants to reach the civilization and doesn’t head towards west? What would a man who wants to walk towards a direction but can’t because of the chains that tie his feet? He would break the chains and walk. 1923 ( Atatürk’s S. D. III., p. 60 )
Army
Armed forces, Turkish armed forces. Here is the glorious name which makes the whole nation swell with confidence and pride.
Our armed forces are a solid expression of Turkish unity, Turkish power and competence, and Turkish patriotism.
Our army is the undefeatable guarantor of Turkish land and our efforts to realize Turkish ideal.
I have no doubt that exceptional care and protection will be considered for the great national discipline school, the armed forces to be constituted as a great school raising the most needed members for our economic, cultural and social struggles. (1937)
The issues of reform are the economy and education. In this way the country will be improved, the nation will gain prosperity. We do not harbor any intention of aggression against any nation or country. However, to protect our existence and independence, to assure working securely for prosperity and happiness, it is our ambition to have armed forces powerful enough always to defend our country and nation. (10.12.1922)
The Armed forces of the Grand National Assembly of Turkey are exempt from being an instrument of greed in anybody’s hands to carry out invasions or to establish rule in other countries. It is an esteemed and vigorous delegation consisted of the nation’s own children with no other purpose but living humanely and independently who are devoted to the same ideal and ready at its service.
Encountering catastrophic results is inevitable for those who are unable to have enough strength to shoulder the duty and responsibility of commandership. (16.8.1930)
War has to be unavoidable and vital. Unless the nation’s life is in danger, war is murder.
Here is the most noble soldierly manner : Various probabilities must be very carefully examined and the most reasonable must be carried out with audacity and decisively. (1924)
This is the measure to evaluate our armed forces: A detachment of Turkish Armed Forces defeats the equivalent force in any case, and stops and ties down a force twice as large. (25.2.1924).
An attack to be made with incomplete preparations and measures is worse than not attacking at all. (Oration)
Friends, in this war you have won a new and great victory always to be remembered as Sakarya Victory which we entered in order not to see our nation as slaves of the foreigners. I, a friend who had spent his life span in your lines, thought it necessary to say aloud, the assessment, amazement and gratitude we‘ve heard about you to be heard by every individual of the armed forces and all over the country after the withdrawal of the defeated and destroyed enemy.
We, the whole country attempted a battle of great importance along Sakarya which can be counted at the cost of our existence and independence. The idea to in vad and plunder a nation ensued in a violent fight for 21 days and nights.
I have felt the deepest happiness and pride that a human heart can feel insofar as one is able to be your commander-in-chief in this war which brought inspiration and salvation for our oppressed nation again, during the most dangerous time of its history. In no part of the world and in no army a soldier whose heart is purer and stronger than yours is met. The biggest share of every victory is yours. It is my sacred obligation to express my gratitude and thanks for your great efforts with the contribution of your life, belief, obedience, and your heart as pure as iron, that no fear can daunt, which eventually defeated the enemy.
It is not possible to be the slaves of foreign lands for a nation who has commanders, officers and privates (soldiers) like you.
And now, the compliment and kind regard of Great National Assembly which imparted a new rank and dignity for myself which directly relates to you. The armed forces which rose with the rank granted by the nation is a new army distinguished in a great sacred war. I will bear this rank and title with honor. It indicates the nation’s recognition of your heroic success gained at the cost of your endless sacrifice as the greatest cause of just pride of my great military service life. God grant my honorable friends the deserved absolute independence for their distinguishing nobility, bravery, and heroism displayed in the independence war.
I cannot omit to tell you about the Bombasırtı incident. The distance between our trenches facing one another is eight meters, in other words death is inevitable... All in the first trench fall none surviving, those in the second go to substitute them. But you know how remarkable a sobriety and resignation they display while doing this? Sees the dying one, knows that he is going to die in three minutes, shows no sign of fear, no shaking. The literate have the Koran in their hands getting ready to go to Heaven. Those who can not read are walking while reciting confession of their belief in God. This is a surprising example to be proud of which shows the spirit strength of Turkish soldiers. Be sure, this is the noble spirit which enabled us to win the Battle of Çanakkale.
While the nation is striving perfectly for social and conceptual evolution, the people may rest assured considering the readiness of the strong, powerful, and heroic armed forces aware of it’s great responsibility in case of presence of internal and external obstacles which will prevent those from reaching their objectives. (14 October 1925)
The principal of separating the armed forces from politics in the public life of the country is an essential matter always adhered to by the republic. By being faithful to this principal up to now, the armed forces of the Republic retained an esteemed and powerful position as certain and strong protector of the country. (1 March 1924)
Civilization
We have to be civilized persons in every aspect. We have suffered much. The cause for this is the misunderstanding of the world situation. Our opinions, our thoughts will be civilized from head to toe. We shall not take heed of nonsensical words. Look at the entire Turkish and Islamic world, in what grave and difficult situation they are because their ideas and thoughts are not adapted to the reforms made imperative by civilization. Our regression and our recent disaster stem from this as well. If we have rescued ourselves in 5 or 6 years, it is the result of our mental changes. We cannot stop any more. We shall definitely progress because we are obliged to do so. Our nation must clearly know that civilization is like a fire that can burn and harm the people who are unacquainted with it. We shall take our proper place in the civilization family, we are now a member of, and we shall protect and enhance it. Prosperity, happiness and humanity are a part of this process. 1925 (Mustafa Selim İmece, Atatürk’s Ş. D.K and I.S., Page 18)
It is necessary to deepen and support the foundation of the reforms. Do not deceive each other. The civilized world has made great progress. We must catch up and must be included in that civilization. It is necessary to remove all these null and void discussions. The discussion whether to wear the hat or not is nonsense. We shall wear the hat and adopt all kinds of civilized inventions of the West. The uncivilized will be crushed under the feet of the civilized. 1925 (Atatürk’s S.D.II, Page 223)
Whatever I have done and reformed in favor of my nation, I succeeded by getting in touch with my people and with their support.
Our target and aim is the happiness and independence and development of our nation and country. We shall try to reunite our nation with the blessings of civilization taking a short-cut. We must do this. 1925 (Mustafa Selim İmece Atatürk’s Ş. D.K. and I.S., Page 39)
Let it be known that we are not against foreigners. To the contrary, we want to live in friendly contact with them. The Turks are the friends of all civilized nations. Let foreigners come to Turkey. They will be very welcome, unless they undertake to be the cause of danger to for our freedom. Our aim is to constitute new relationships and to establish many more connections with other countries. Countries are different, but civilization is only one. A country must be a part of this civilization to be developed. The defeat of the Ottoman Empire started the day that the foreign relations were cut off because of the victories gained against the western countries. This was a mistake that we shall not repeat.1923 (Atatürk’s S.D. III, Page 67-68)
We do not mean to imitate Western civilization. We have adopted the good sides to it as we have seen them worthy of our place in World Civilization. (Afet İnan, On Atatürk H.B., Page 176)
Culture
The foundation of The Republic of Turkey is culture. I don’t need to explain this expression here once more. This has been determined as the work done in the schools of the Turkish Republic in each case.
Culture means to read, to comprehend, to be able to see, and to make sense of what you see, to think and to educate the mind.
The Children of Republic of Turkey are the bearers of culture. So they have their own culture and they have been convinced of the need to disseminate their culture to the Turkish nation. 1936 (Afet İNAN, About Atatürk H.B., Page 261-62)
We shall endeavor to exalt the Turkish culture as a main desire of Republic of Turkey in every epoch. 1932 (Atatürk’s S.D. I, Page 358)
We mean a Culture compatible with our national characteristics and history when we are talking about National Education Erogram. (July, 1924)
I believe the education program followed up to now contains the main elements of our nation’s regression. Therefore when I speak of a national training program I mean a culture compatible with our national character and history free of foreign ideas. These ideas are not connected with our nature. They are constituted of the superstitions of the past. Our culture must also be completely removed from the influences from west and east. Our national development can be achieved with this kind of culture. An ordinary foreign culture can be the cause of the repetition of the results of the culture which has been persuade till now. Culture is susceptible to environment. This environment is formed by the characteristics of the nation. (July 15, 1921)
Most importantly, we are under the obligation to take the first place in the world with our culture and virtue. (3 August 1932)
If a nation possessing no art can be conceived of, one of its vital vessels is cut off.
The great current ideas of the world that provided the independence of the world’s principal nations are opposed to individuals who try to find administrative solutions within rotten systems. (1923)
We don’t mean the uneducated by ignorant. We mean to know reality with the help of science. We know that the most ignorant persons can appear among the educated as well as that the wisest, able to recognize reality may be found among the uneducated. (22 March 1923)
The work that we succeeded in since the last general assembly has drawn up the national aspect of the Republic of Turkey with definite lines. The civilized Turkish society is the work of these last years with their new alphabet, national history, native language, art, science, and music and with technical institutions and with equal rights for both men and women.
The high capacity and virtue of the Turkish Nation will be known internationally after the definition of its existence with strong and deep roots in culture. Each of these reforms ensure that the natural aspect to the Turkish Nation can be taken in to consideration as great feats of which we may be throughout history. (1935)
We mean, in a summary, the work of a society in cultural life, economical life and state life is civilization nothing else. (1929)
Democracy and Freedom
It must never be forgotten that there are ignorant and inattentive people who want the nation to be dominated by one person or certain people in order to gain advantage over them. (January 1923)
According to the world, our greatest power and strength is our new nature and formation. (1922)
Government cannot be built on fear. A government built on unlawfulness can never be permanent. That kind of domination and dictatorship may be necessary during a time of revolution. (March 1930)
Every person has the right and freedom of thought, belief, possessing a political opinion, the choice to fulfil or not to fulfil the requirements of his chosen religion. Nobody can dominate other opinions and consciences.
The freedom of conscience must be considered as one of the most important natural rights of a person and may not be infringed upon.
Freedom is absolutely doing what is wished and wanted.
This definition is the widest meaning of freedom. In this sense of freedom, people have never enjoyed such a freedom and will never do so. As known, Man is a creature of nature. Even nature itself is not absolutely free but depends on universal laws. Therefore, in nature, Man firstly depends on nature’s laws, conditions, reasons and factors. For example, to be born or not has never been up to humans and is not so. After the human was born, even at the first moment, he is indigent to nature and its creatures. He needs to be protected, to be fed, to be taken care of and to be brought up. (1930)
Freedom and independence are my characteristics.
There are death and decay in a country lacking freedom. The mother of development and liberation is freedom. (1906)
No matter how urgent the crises, those emerged from freedom are safer than under the fake security that the strong oppression provides. (1930)
Freedom is the life of the Turks. (1930)
In contemporary democracies, the individual freedoms have special value and importance. From now on, these individual freedoms may be subject neither to the state nor to personal intervention. However, such valuable individual freedom cannot be taken to be absolute in a civilized and democratic nation. What is meant by freedom is social and civilized human freedom. Therefore, while thinking of individual freedom, every individual’s and the entire nation’s common interests and the existence of the state must be taken into consideration. The rights and freedoms of others and the nation’s common interests limit individual freedom.
Economy
The most important factor concerning directly the vitality, enhancement or poverty of a nation is the economical situation of the nation. (1930)
We are absolutely in compelled to ascribe the first and foremost importance to the economy to enhance our new Turkey properly. Our age is entirely an economic epoch, nothing else. (February 1923)
If the political and military victories are not supported by the economical victories, they cannot be permanent and evaporate within a short time.
The real master of Turkey is the actual producer, the villager. Therefore, the villager deserved more prosperity, welfare and happiness than the others. Therefore the Economical Policy of the Turkish Grand National Assembly addresses this main purpose. (1 March 1922)
Beside the personal endeavors and activities as the essential, one of our principals is to render the state active in the enterprises that are to the general benefit of the nation, especially in the economic field, in order to achieve a prosperous and well-cultivated country.
History has found and listed many military and social causes when seeking the reasons for the enhancement and degradation of nations. Doubtlessly, all these reasons have an effect on social developments. But the economy of the nation is directly concerned and related with the enhancement and degradation of the nation. This reality, which has been clearly proven by history and experience has clearly made itself felt in our national life and national history. As a matter of fact, if Turkish history were investigated it could be clearly understood that the reasons of all enhancement and degradation are the matter of economy and nothing else. (1923)
All the successes, victories, defeats, and disasters comprising our history were all concerned and related with the economic conditions of their times. We are obliged to definitely ascribe top priority to our economy to exalt our new Turkey, because our age is an economy epoch, nothing else.
The economic development is the fundamental part of the ideal of a Turkey that is free, independent, more powerful and prosperous. (1937)
The strong character and desire, the fiery nationalism of our nation and the abundance of new economic successes will encompass the Turkish Nation. Friends, the garments my people are now wearing are neither national nor international. Therefore friends, is there a nation without clothes? Friends do you agree to describe our nation such as? Is there any sense in showing the world a valuable jewel covered with mud? It is necessary and natural to get rid of the mud to show the jewel. If there is a need for a cover to protect the jewel will it not be necessary to make it of gold or platinum? Is indecision correct before this clear reality? If anybody is to make us indecisive, shall we still hesitate to decide they are idiots and thickheaded?
Friends, there is no need to investigate and revive the old Turkish clothes. The civilized and the international clothes are suitable for us and for our nation. We shall wear them. We shall wear shoes, boots to our feet, trousers on our legs, and waistcoats, shirts, tie, collar, jacket and headgear to complete. I want to say clearly that this headgear is called a hat. Like redingote, bonjour tuxedo, this is our hat!
There are some who say that this is not convenient. Let me tell them that they are very unaware, very ignorant and I want to ask them:
Why is convenient to wear the Greek headgear of fez and why is not convenient to wear a hat? And again I want to remind them and also our nation when and why and what for did they wear the special robes (with full sleeves and long skirts) of the Greek vicars and Jewish rabbis? (1925)
During my visits, I saw that the women friends covered their faces and eyes intensively and carefully, especially in the cities and towns but not in the villages. Male friends, that is because of our egoism. It is necessary to be chaste and careful. But respected Sirs, our women are human beings who are able to think and comprehend like us. If we inspire them with the holy concepts and extipulate our national and moral values, there will be no need to be selfish. Let them show their faces to the world. And let them look at the world carefully. There is nothing to be afraid of. 1925(Atatürk’s G.S., Page 91)
I see the women in some places hide their faces by covering with the cloths like loincloths and turn their back to the men passing near by them or squat down when they see a man. What is the meaning of this? Sirs, does a mother or a daughter of a civilized nation behave wildly like this? This situation is a ridiculous appearance for our nation. This must be corrected promptly. 1925 (Atatürk’s G.S. Page 95)
Independence
Complete independence is a basic to the spirit of our current mission. This mission has been taken up before all nations and history. While taking up this mission, we carefully considered feasibility of carrying it through. However, these considerations resulting in faith and an enhanced view, point to our success. We are the men who took action in such a manner. Due to the mistakes made by predecessors, our nation was living in a so-called independence. All things considered, Turkey's lagging behind the civilized world is the result of previous faults and their continuation. As a result of repeating these mistakes, certainly the country and the nation may abstain from all dignity, honor and ability to survive. We are a nation that wants to live in dignity and honor. We can’t bear to remain deprived of these features as a result of continuing mistakes. Whether wise or ignorant, all the members of the nation, maybe without understanding in what difficulties they are, are determined to unite around an aim and shed blood forever. This is the point upon which our independence is founded and maintained.
Complete independence means independence and freedom in every field such as politics, economics, judiciary, military, culture, etc... Insufficiency in one of those fields means the total loss of independence of the nation. We don’t believe to be able to reach peace and settlement unless this is provided. 1921 (The Speech 2, s.623-624)
The basic and immortal principle of nations who have reached consciousness of the real contents, large meaning and high value of independence and freedom, is not to let anyone to damage their independence and freedom at any price, to protect them with all their might and if necessary to shed the blood of the last person, thus glorifying human history with such an example. The societies which are always ready to sacrifice everything for this purpose, are the only nations who are thought to worthy of the continuous respect of humanity. 1928 (Atatürk’s S.D 2, s.249)
A nation which risks death for its independence, consoles by making every sacrifice that humanity dignity and honor require from it. And naturally, its place according to friends and foes will be different than another nation’s place which for itself has accepted slavery. 1927 (The Speech I, s.13-14)
What is important, is Turkish nation’s leading a life in dignity and honor. This principle can be provided by only complete independence. No matter how wealthy and prosperous a nation is, if it is deprived of its independence it no longer deserves to be regarded otherwise than as a slave in the eyes of civilized world.
To accept the protectorate of a foreign power is to admit to a lack of all human qualities, to weakness and incapacity. It is not at all thinkable that those who have never been in such a humiliating state will appoint a foreign master out of their own desire.
But the Turk is both dignified and proud; he is also capable and talented. Such a nation will prefer to perish rather than subject itself to the life of a slave.
Therefore Independence or Death! 1919 (The Speech I, s.13)
Our desire is to protect external independence and unconditioned national sovereignty. I am sure you will destruct the heads of those who mean to damage even a portion of our national sovereignty. 1923 (Atatürk’s S.D II, s.71-72)
Everyone must know that when we say we want peace, then we mean that we aspire to complete independence. We have the right and power to warrant this aspiration. We must prefer die in an honored and dignified manner than to be degraded after ten or twenty years. 1923 (Atatürk’s S.D II, s.89)
In order to live, I certainly must remain a son of an independent nation. For this reason, national independence is a matter of vitality for me. If it is required for the sake of the nation and the country, I appreciate with great sensitivity the friendship and political relations that are needed for civilization with each of the nations forming humanity. But I am the bitter enemy of the nations who want to captivate my nation and don’t give up these desires. (23.4.1921)
We, the Turks, are a symbol of independence and freedom during all our history. (The Speech)
No matter how wealthy and prosperous a nation is, if it is deprived of its independence it no longer deserves to be regarded otherwise than as a slave in the eyes of civilized world. (The Speech)
The Turkish nation consists of heroic people of a tribe which stipulates independence for vitality and has been living independently and freely for centuries. This nation hasn’t lived, can’t live and won’t live without independence. (June 21 1922)
Freedom and independence are a part of my character and I am a man who is full of love of independence, which is the greatest and worthiest heritage of my ancestors. My love is known by those who know my family, private and official life from my childhood to this day. Dignity, honesty and humanity are formed in a nation only by having independence and freedom. Personally, I place great importance on the characteristics I have mentioned. In order to claim that I posses these characteristics, my nation must posses them also. I must remain a son of certainly independent nation in order to live. For this reason, national independence is a vital issue.
For the freedom- and independence-loving nations, moments of suffering, and their perpetrators, must always be remembered in order to take warning and to stand ready. The vital and basic principle of nations who have reached consciousness of the real contents, large meaning and high value of the independence and freedom, is not to let anyone to damage their independence and freedom at any price, to protect them with all their might and if necessary to shed the blood of the last person, thus to colorize human history with such an glorious example.
Because of pretending to do great and imaginary things, but not actually realizing them, all the world bore grudge and enmity to us. We did not apply Panislamism. Maybe we said “ we did not or we would”. Then the enemies thought :“Let us kill them at once not to let them apply it”. We did not apply Panturkism. We said “we had, did or would” and again they said, “Let us kill them”. This is a summary of the entire case. (1921)
SERDEM isimli Üye şimdilik offline konumundadır   Alıntı ile Cevapla